
I have spent the last week getting ready for our sweet baby girl by organizing clothes (thanks Mandalyn and Kelly for giving us so many to organize!), rearranging bedrooms and closets, packing my hospital bag, etc.. Does it sound like nesting to you? I'm feeling ready and I can't wait until the day arrives.
I can't complain about this pregnancy. If I didn't have Kaelan to chase around I think I could say this pregnancy has been easier than the first but it is hard to say due to the 35+ pounder I love to lug everywhere. Things have been really similar to the first so I can hardly believe carrying a girl or boy makes any difference, at least it hasn't for me. I was sick in the first trimester with both and then in the second trimester things were so good with this little girl I would often forget that I was pregnant. She has been so much quieter in my stomache it makes it easy to forget she is in there! When the 3rd trimester came around I started to feel the weight in my lower back and that eventually got bad enough on some days it almost felt like a pinched nerve. I even had one night I was in bed and had to get up for soemthing and couldn't get out of bed. After I woke the next morning I was fine but having this pain did seem to effect my sleep too. I didn't have any of this with Kaelan but fortunately January hit and it ALL went away. I feel great and am sleeping really well now. Thank goodness since she is only a month away and we are expecting many sleepless nights and tired days soon to come. I was 8 days overdue with Kaelan but if you could please join me in prayer on this I would love to meet this little girl earlier! If you remember from my first pregnancy, I really do love single digit birthdays and 7 days early would be the 7th! Either way I know I won't be able to give this one back! She has already become such a huge part of my life and worked her way so sweetly into my heart.
Kaelan is starting to understand that she is coming and always asks me to feel baby sister move. Since she is not a big mover it is hard to do all the time but he does get to feel her occasionally, especially when she has the hiccups. Whenever we see a baby girl Travis and I are quick to point out to Kaelan that this is what his baby sister is going to be like when she comes to his home. He might also be excited for her to come because he knows that after she moves in Mammy and Papa will be coming to visit shortly after!


3 comments:
Cute post... and great pics... we are excited too.
Plus that is my birthday...a perfect day for her to come!!!
Jessica, you look amazing. I LOVE your belly photos! I never took any with the other two, but you may have inspired me... Can't wait to hear all about our next arrival into the Hanna clan. It will be so soon! Hope you're still feeling well (but ready) and that she comes on the 7th!!! (Fingers crossed - so soon!)
Post a Comment