Tuesday, February 12, 2008

CNY Party

We were invited to another Chinese New Year's party this year and this time it just happened to be at the most amazing house we have seen yet! It was incredible! After I finished taking notes of the floor plan, the decorations and the back yard I started socializing a bit. For the Chinese there are around 16 days of CNY and on all of those days they have an assingment. Some of which mean to rest but the others are for visiting family and freinds and temples! For us it just meant an afternoon of good food and good company! Travis, unlike his Chinses coworkers, gets to take full advantage of his time off for CNY relaxing by the pool (which we did 3 times), exploring new nature reserves (which we did twice) and going to parties. The Chinese do look forward to this time with family and friends though, just as we would for Christmas. The kids get gifts and lots of money and everyone eats way too much!
This is taken from the kitchen looking out into the back yard. I love how the entire back wall opened up to make the pool and yard part of the house. You could litterlly step straight into the pool from the dining room! What?!!
I like this because it is exactly what we do with our Christmas cards!
This is a little court yard in the middle of the house with a pond full of the biggest coi I have ever seen!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: