Jessica strolled into the bathroom last night just before Kalean's bath armed with the electric clippers in hand. Wanting to take advantage of the time before he hopped into the bath, she came in with the clippers buzzing! While Kaelan sat innocently on my lap, she proceeded to dive in and create a very smooth runway on which a Boeing 747 could land. That's right; she pretty much shaved off a giant strip of Kaelan's hair during the first "buzzing of the tower" as I now call it. It was even more alarming when contrasted with his previously long hair...the pictures below are after it was "fixed!"
Now, I would argue that after seeing the disastrous result after the first pass of the clippers, it would probably make sense to take a step back and re-assess the situation. However, what did Jessica do? She dove in for round two and created a second bald landing strip right next to the first one! At this point, like any good father would, I promptly yanked the clippers from my "insane" wife's hands so we didn't end up opening an airport on Kaelan's head.
Needless to say, I had to step in and try to fix the situation or we would be facing a LOT of stares at the airport tomorrow. After a little work, the below pictures are the best we could do to try and "blend in" the two runways Jess created. Poor Kaelan didn't know what was going on except to laugh and giggle because we were laughing so hard. Poor little K-man...but he didn't seem to care!
Anyway, funny story I just had to share with you all. Hopefully Jess doesn't actually read this post and delete it before we leave for Boise tomorrow....shhhhh. =)
I would just like to add, in my defense, that this was only the second time we have used these clippers and that Travis was sitting right there fully aware of the situation. This was a team effort although he never mentioned that above! After the first attempt I did readjust and went in again but unfortunately it made the same "run way"! We did have quite a laugh though and Kaelan was realy laughing too. Poor little guy does look like he is losing his hair and I feel awful aboiut it! ~jessica
3 comments:
Hilarious... thanks for telling us the true story Trav... I can totally picture how this all went down... have a safe trip you all will be missed for sure
Great story! He is still super cute!
Glad to hear that you get to come back to Boise! Enjoy your trip!
At least you did not draw blood! Have a great time in Boise.
Post a Comment