Monday, October 4, 2010

Boy or Girl?

When Grandpa and Grandma were here we had the long awaited doctors appointment to take all the grueling measurements and to also find out the sex of the baby! So far this pregnancy has been very similar to the first. I was sick the first trimester and that went away right around 14 weeks. Now I feel great! The only differences have been that my skin was extremely dry the first trimester with Kaelan but after that it was perfect! With this little one I didn't have the major dry skin and have been looking forward to the perfect skin that has never come! Also, I have been extremely emotional. Just telling Travis I can't watch Extreme Makeover- Home Edition anymore makes me cry. Hopefully this is not a trait this little baby carries on in life. Apart from that everything has been the same. This led me to believe I was having another boy. We were trying not to get our hopes up either way until I had a dream we named this baby Annie! Then I started calling the baby "she" and even Annie on occasion, which started to drive Travis crazy! He kept telling me, even on the way to the docs office, that I was going to be extremely disappointed when the tech told me it was a BOY! So I braced myself for what was to come and told myself I would gladly welcome a brother for Kaelan. I know how to do boy and I have everything I need for a boy so what would there be to complain about. Nothing, except I had this nagging feeling Annie was kicking around inside me! All this said, after the scans, they let Travis join me in the room along with the technician which is when I promptly informed him we'd be having a boy. Travis shouted, "I TOLD YOU" before I could tell him, "just kidding, we're having a GIRL!" Yippee!

3 comments:

Bridgette said...

Hooray! I just got back from HI and got your email! Still so excited for you and Trav.

PS I think the name Annie is so cute!:)

Anonymous said...

Congrats you guys!! I can't believe you are having a girl!! Jessica, you can remind Travis that just because you are going to have 1 of each doesn't mean you have to stop at 2! =) We are excited for you!

Anonymous said...

Congrats! Girls are so sweet!