Monday, November 14, 2011

Side trips

This is the only US WWII cemetery in the Netherlands. 
It was beautiful and very moving.
Have to give my mom the credit for finding this one.
IDAHO
We found 2 men from Idaho.



Kaelan enjoyed running through the cemetery.
I'm pretty sure all these guys would love to know that kids are enjoying the cemetery too...and there was hardly anyone there so we weren't being disrespectful (that was for all of you that were tsk tsking us!)
This tree couldn't be missed in the entry!
So beautiful!


The next week we headed northwest to a national park that has 1700 free white bikes for use in the park.
We first discovered it when Grandpa and Grandma Custer were here and had to come back!

Kaelan rode half the trip behind Mammy and the rest behind Papa!
He is heavy!

Beautiful Fall!
Can you tell I missed seasons?
I have so many pictures of the trees changing. It's as if I hadn't see Fall for years!

The original owners of the property, that is now the National park, had this hunting lodge built in the early 1900's.  As with every church/castle/ home built before the 20th century, the owners/builders only lived there for a few years before they died.  

You can't see it very well but Colette actually rode in her car seat strapped in a contraption behind my bike. She slept like a baby, as she should!

1 comment:

Camille, Blake, Pierce and baby Asher said...

So fun... and I personally love the pics of fall... keep them coming...