Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Caraval -aka- crazy party in S. Netherlands

Carnaval is a very funny time around here! Schools are out all week and most companies take 2 days off to... well I'm not really sure! We went to the parade in our village on Sunday and then Travis and I headed to Eindhoven on Monday to see what it was all about. All we could take from it was that it was a time to let loose, for the very young all the way to the very old, put on a costume and head to the pubs (at least the older ones) and everything included a lot of drinking.
Wating for the parade.
K was a very cold cowboy.
It rained, hailed and was sunny all in the 2 hours we were in town.

Colette was a bundled up little girl wearing some bumble bee antenna! 

Travis and I found a warm sunny spot to stand and watch the fun in Eindhoven on Monday.
Here are some of my favorite costumes.
Above are the girls from "Greece"


A swimming pool!

Aunt Nan and Nano will like this one!
Angry birds and I even caught them being slung into the crowd!

We saw lots of COLOR! If they weren't in an actual character costume they were in bright colors.
I like this one because we have been seeing lots on crazy costumes on bikes going by our house all week, which is to be expected!

A flock of red ladies!
There were also quite a few groups like this with the same or similar costumes on.
Bird's of a feather flock together.

And my favorite!
Shreck and Fiona! Aren't they awesome? Very well done.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's like Halloween! Looks like a lot of fun. Happy Birthday to a very special one year old tomorrow!! Can't wait to see pictures.