Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Grandpa flew home with us! (what was he thinking?!!)

Grandpa was kind enough to fly home with the kids and I after our stay in the USA. I'm not sure he knew what he was getting into but he sure found out! He was a HUMUNGOUS help on the airplanes and in the airports. On the 10 hour flight he spent 8 hours entertaining Kaelan nonstop. They sat by each other the entire time and Kaelan likes to be entertained. Fortunately he zonked out the last 2 hours and gave Grandpa a little break. I am so thankful for his help. It is not easy! 

Colette and I sat across the isle and fortunately had a nice seat mate. The kids did great but I sure wish they would sleep more!

No rest for the weary!
If grandpa thought he would rest once he arrived in Holland he quickly learned otherwise! Kaelan found he had a great playmate in Grandpa and took advantage of him the entire week. They became good buddies by the time he had to return home and Kaelan was sad to see him go. We all were! 


Despite the cold we played a lot outside at parks and in our yard.

Coco joined in the fun too!

The zip line is K's favorite and if he was doing it he made sure Grandpa did too!

We took a trip to a nice little zoo near our house.



On the weekend we drove north to the royal summer palace called Het Loo. 


On Sunday we drove an hour into Germany to Oberhausen where we found a great aquarium amongst other things we will be returning for including a model train museum, water park, mall (not to be found in the Netherlands) and some great restaurants.

Daddy came too!

K really enjoyed seeing the sharks!




This was back in the USA but it was something I meant to include and something K and Grandpa did together. Grandpa has a friend that has this model train set up in his bonus room and he invited K and Grandpa to come over to look at it. This was a dream come true for Kaelan! 

1 comment:

Camille, Blake, Pierce and baby Asher said...

Wow... so much fun and what a great Grandpa... CoCo is growing up to be alittle lady love it.. miss you and thanks for posting I always love to see you guys.