So I've been greatly enjoying myself here with Travis and Jessica. Actually, Travis was working in Vietnam most of the time... something about being important, they can't do it without him, yada yada. Anyway, Jess and I have fun with each other, and with Travis when he's around.
On Tuesday, it rained like crazy and we went to Chinatown. Jess taught me all about Buddhism and riding the bus.
The next day the sun came to pay us a visit, so instead of going out we laid by the pool. No pictures of that, but I have the sunburn to prove it. :)
On Wednesday night Jess took me to happy hour at Morton's bar. The ridiculously expensive martinis were good, but the tiny steak sandwiches were heaven! They hand them out, about every 20 minutes or so, to everyone drinking in the bar. We met up with Kerry at Morton's and then Lara on our way to Clark Quay. Tapas and some people-watching were followed by a night of dancing. We were in a club straight out of the movies!
The next morning we met up with friends again and headed to see Ratatouille. The movie theater was the biggest I've ever been in... too bad I didn't think to take a picture. From the theater, we headed over to the American Club for High Tea with the American Women's Association. In a room full of women from all over the world, almost 20% were from Texas... weird.
Finally, on Thursday night Jess and Travis (home from Vietnam) took me to a "white" party. It was fun to see everyone dressed up and blinged out... Jess thinks this is how I should celebrate my 30th.
Only a couple of days left, and I can say I'd stay if I had the choice!
Friday, August 31, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Mandalyn! I LOVE hearing from you on Jess's blog! I love the blond!!!! What a great trip for you!
Post a Comment