I have been tagged by Gretchen which means I have to list 8 Random Things about myself. I have been thinking about it for some time now and it has been hard coming up with 8 things, I always wanted to be random but it turns out I am pretty ordinary!!
Here goes...
1. I always knew I would marry Travis so I tried to avoid him for as long as possible. That only lasted for a few years since I met him at 12 and we started dating at 17...never to be apart again!
2. I was stung by a scorpion in Hells Canyon. I didn't think I would live through it but it turns out only the black (or dark) ones are deadly. I was stung buy a tan colored one.
3. I was a bartender! I know, you don't have to tell me.
4. I was nearly struck by lightning! Mandalyn, my sister, and I were riding in the opening ceremonies in a Rodeo. There were about 30 other riders in the arena for the crowning of the queen when the lightning struck in the middle of the arena only 15 feet from us. You can imagine the chaos with the horses but that pales to the fact that the man who was hit was killed. (As I am writing this there is a huge thunder and lightning storm out my window. Yikes!)
5. I could hang out in a book store or a coffee shop for hours on end. I don't know what it is but I love it, I guess I am kind of a nerd. Travis never lasts!
6. I have met Bill Gates (tipped me 25 cents when I was a bartender), Danny Glover (helped me with my luggage in LA), Hugh Grant (when I was a nanny for film producer Michael Hoffman), Keira Sedgwick (Hoffman took me to NY for a movie premier and I met her and tons of directors I don't know!), Jimmy Carter (S.Africa on Habitat build), that is my claim to fame!
7. I actually liked Junior High
8. I have never received a speeding ticket or even been pulled over for that matter. I was in a car accident once but the officer did not give me a ticket. I am sure that is all about to change since they drive on the wrong side of the street here and have laws I have never heard of before!
It was hard but I did it! So now I tag Kelly and Amanda!
Thursday, August 23, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Far from ordinary Jess! I learned so much about you. That lightning story is crazy and I am amazed by all your Hollywood "friends" :) I'd like to order a martini please. Shaken. not stirred. (i've never had a martini. Just heard that in the movies.)
That is cool about marrying Travis. I always thought I would end up with Tom Cruise, but that obviously didn't work out. :) The scorpion story is scary! I would think I would die as well!
love it Jess! I had never heard the scorpion story either! Funny that you tried to avoid Trav as long as possible.!!:)
Wow!! I cannot picture you being a bartender. Waaay to nice. I can picture you as a cowgirl riding ina rodeo though with Wranglers on. I love to read your blog and find out where you are travelling to. I think it's great. Love, Kathe
Jessica! I love reading this! Im sorry I didnt get to see yo uwhile you were here in Boise. Maybe next time. I love looking at your blog it looks like you are making the most of your time over seas. I cant believe the lightning story...YIKES!
Post a Comment