Here is the proof of the changes soon to come in our lives. We figured we waited long enough and now we are more ready than ever...I'm not sure I will be able to stand to wait the 6 long months ahead!
I have had lots of questions about how I am feeling so I thought I would address that here. So far NOT so good! I am definitely not as sick as some have been but I didn't make it out of this home free like others! It all went down hill at about week 6 when my sister was here. It was great having her here to keep me going otherwise I could have spent most of my days on the couch! It was while she was here that I started to discover my long list of food aversions. It is funny how a lot of them worked out because I pretty much can't eat anything I have eaten since week six. I liked it when I ate it but now I can never have it again! I keep telling Travis that it is too bad I am not like this in real life because I would be a rail! Which is unfortunate for pregnancy since I am supposed to gain and all I can do is lose! Some of the things that can never pass my lips are, I might be sick while I list them!, coffee (how I used to love that stuff!), Indian food, actually Asian food in general minus Dim Sum, milk (and I am supposed to eat as much calcium as possible!), eggs, most sweets and even chocolate! What! That is just the first few of the 601 long list! What really has astonished me is what I am craving! It is all comfort food from when I was a kid or even now and things I generally try to avoid at this stage in life. I have tried not to give in to them very often but I must admit Travis and I were bad last night. Not that he had a choice because it was the first time I cooked in the last 6 weeks! We had macaroni and cheese! Isn't that nuts? Sadly, we were both amazed at how good it tasted after many years of not having it! I see you all shaking your heads at me right now so I will try to be good from here on out. One thing I do like, that you should be proud of, is fruit smooties. I often have them for a meal because that is all I can manage some days. So besides all the food aversions and feeling tired as all get out I am doing great! Pregnacy is so strange.
Sunday, May 4, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


6 comments:
What a blessing. We are also so happy for you both. I just wanted you to know that all THREE of you will be in our prayers. Congratulation!
That's ok Jess. Because after the baby starts eating real food you will be eating nothing but mac n cheese, chicken nuggets, and hot dogs! I'm just sayin...:)
I'm so happy for you both!! Hopefully after your 3rd month you'll start having a little more of an appetite. :)
I lost my appetite for coffee during pregancy too- never fear, it comes back!! I ate lots of McDonalds hamburgers and bacon egg and cheese biscuits (with a LARGE iced tea) during my pregnancies. I agree, pregancy is weird, but I hope after the sickness passes, it will be enjoyeable for you!!!
I hated how picky I was while pregnant with Greta! And fruit smoothies and Wendy's frosty's were my true loves!
Macaroni Cheese yum
Nothing wrong with that, calcium and proten
Hopefully you will get your apetite back after baby is born
Congratulations Travis & Jess! I was so excited when Bridge told me! You will be wonderful parents. Im so sorry you arent feeling well...it is a bummer. Then some how you forget all about it and you do it again later! Strange, I know!
Post a Comment