Saturday, May 31, 2008

I told you so...

Despite my numerous warnings, it seems Travis' stubbornness has finally got the best of him! Running late for a meeting and lost out near the airport, the man Travis was planning to meet gave him a call to see if he needed further directions. Since Travis was already 30 minutes late and frustrated, he accepted the call. To those of you living anywhere but here, this may seem completely innocent. However, living here, talking on your cell phone while driving is a BIG DEAL! No sooner had Travis placed the phone to his ear when he saw the flashing red lights from a policeman on a motorcycle behind him. To make a long story short (ask Travis for the details when he's back in Boise), they confiscated Travis' phone and he was informed that he would be hearing from an "investigative officer" to set up an interview. The outcome of the interview will determine the severity of the fine as well as the number of points deducted from his driving record. Just to put it in perspective, it is possible that he could lose his license for up to six months depending on the number of points deducted! Anyway, I thought you all might enjoy hearing how Travis' ridiculous stubbornness finally got the best of him. If only he would listen to me more often... =)
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Steve said...

ATTICA, ATTICA, ATTICA!....
Travis, I totally can relate. I think I drive more often with my cell phone in hand and not. I remember a few weeks back when I took a corn a little too fast while on my phone and eatting taco. I don't see what's the big deal! ;) It was a wake up call and I have since limited my driving with only one distraction(kids not included). Jamey did take my phone away the other day after I recived my 3rd call in nearly as many miles. Perhaps she is catching on...

Owen's Blog said...

Are you kidding me? How funny is this. Stubborness... always gets the best of us! Sorry for you tough luck Travis. Can't wait to hear the whole story and your punishment!! Kelly