Sunday, December 17, 2006

Phuket, Thailand

December 14th, 2006
Late last night we arrived in Phuket (pronounced Poo-Ket), Thailand for a long weekend. We are staying in a hotel called Bursari near Patong beach which is on the south western side of Phuket Island. Patong beach is a great place but it is extremely crowded with tourists and merchants trying to sell their goods. To escape the crowded beach, we took a "long boat" (above, bottom right photo) to the Forbidden Island for some relaxation. We were able to swim, snorkle and bask in the sun! Being so close to the equator, the water on this side of the world is nice and warm. Paradise!
Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jessica & Travis,

It looks like you guys are having a blast. I love checkin out this site and seeing all your pictures. Ohhh....Jessica how was your Singapore Air experience?

Amanda said...

What an awesome time! It looks wonderful. I am so glad you are getting to do so much exploring.

Nancy said...

I'm SO glad you told us how to pronounce that!! Travis, I hope you enjoyed your "vacation." While I hope Jessie is enjoying her permanent vacation! :) It's beautiful and every time I look at this I want to come. So...I'll do what I can to make it happen. PROMISE!!
Love, Nan

Anonymous said...

Hey Travis - Those of us back at the office in Boise don't think you are suffering too much :) and Justin says "get to work".

Cindi

Anonymous said...

Hey Madame!

We miss you so much at school, but you knew that. Everything is so beautiful in your pictures! just wanted to say hi and say that we miss ya a lot. God bless you and Merry Christmas.

Charlie

Michelle said...

Wow, you guys look like you're having a blast! It looks GORGEOUS there! How fun, I can't wait to come! :) I hope you have an amazing Christmas there. It's probably so weird celebrating on the hot, sunny beaches, huh? Well, we miss you! And I'm definitely still waiting for an email back... ;) But anyway, have a very Merry Christmas, and I'll see you guys soon! :)

Kale Family News said...

Merry Christmas to you two! Thank you for blogging all your memories and sharing them with us. You are doing a great job Jessica!!! I can hardly imagine what a difference it is for you to be there during the holidays and away from your families, but enjoy it for you are making lifetime memories that you will share one day with your children. We think you two are so adventuresome and love to hear what you have to say. May God keep you safe and in His will and care. With much love,
Bernie and Kathe Kale