Thursday, March 6, 2008

HSBC Women's Pro Golf Tournament

I thought you might enjoy knowing that you can now officially say that you are related to television stars! Okay, perhaps I am stretching the truth just a little bit but we did make it on TV this weekend here in Singapore! Travis and I decided to attend the HSBC Golf Tournament to catch some of the worlds best women golfers live in action. As you can see in some of the photos, we were caught in a deluge of rain that actually suspended play as puddles starting forming on the greens in just a matter of seconds. At one point, the rain was literally blowing sideways so we had to frantically run next to some trees to try and protect ourselves from the rain. As we were huddled innocently in our makeshift shelter, we started to notice people swarming all around us and taking photos. Feeling a little uncomfortable, I glanced back over my shoulder and noticed that Lorena Ochoa, the world's #1 female golfer, and her caddy had snuck behind us to get relief from the rain as well. In an effort to capture a photo of Lorena, little did all the photographers know that they were actually looking right past the real stars of the show! Since the rain did not seem to want to let up, the officials finally came in vans to take all the golfers back to the club house to wait out the weather. We were still getting soaked, so we thought it would be wise to seek real shelter of our own. We trudged through the rain until we found a group of people huddled under a gazebo so we decided to join them. Before the players resumed play, in an effort to get a good viewing angle near then green, we ventured out from under the gazebo just before the rain had started to let up. As we settled down in a spot with a an unobstructed view of the green, little did we know that the main camera man, stationed high in the scaffolding across from us, had an unobstructed view of us! It turns out he focused the camera on us as we braved the remnants of the storm nestled under our single umbrella. As the the television crew and TV station looked to fill the void due to the rain delay, I guess they turned the cameras on us! It turns out we were on the television for quite a long period of time as the Camera crew continued to try and fill the air time. Anyway, I would love to share more but I am late for a meeting with my publicist. But don't worry, we won't forget all the little people.



Just before the sea of rain came rolling up the fairway!

A little drizzle!

They kept on playing and they were still better than I could dream of being!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Adam and Natalie said...

Awesome! That is so cool. I was on the news on time for the grand opening of GAP in high school. Maybe my publicist can talk to your publicist sometime.

Bridgette said...

seriously! Is this Travis blogging or Jess? You are TOO much....I can't believe that you are so famous!!:)