Sunday, March 23, 2008

Whoops wrong picture!

This is our precious new Mazda 3! We call it the Chili Pepper. It is not a Maserati but it gets us around and we love it. It has been so nice having a car after a year of public transport!
Steve's comment up above reminded me that I forgot to mention the most interesting part! They drive on the wrong side of the road and car for that matter! I have been reprimanded many times by my British and Australian friends that this is not the "wrong" side of the road but...really it is! The Americans did invent the car didn't they? And Ford must have helped decide what side of the road they would be driven on, n'est-ce pas? Surprisingly it is not at all difficult to drive on the other side of the road. I was so excited how my brain seemed to work it out with no help at all from my nerves! Travis (pro from the start!) took me out driving the first night we had the car and, incredibly, that was all I needed! The strangest thing, and most frightening part is when a Lamborghini, Ferrari, Maserati, and the list goes on, pulls up next to me. I have never seen so many luxury cars in my life, let alone to have to share busy, skinny streets with them. Todo, we are not in Idaho anymore!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: