

Now, I know there are many theories of how to determine the appropriate temperature for bathing an infant. Typically, it is recommended to use a sensitive part of your skin, like an elbow, to test the water to ensure it is neither too hot nor too cold for the child. Methods like this are certainly tried and proven but in my seven days of parenthood, I believe I have discovered the perfect method and I'm honestly surprised it has not been published in a book somewhere. The method sprung on me out of nowhere and actually caught me off guard. As I was lowering Kaelan into the bath water I had prepared, I suddenly realized that "water" was flowing all over my face and arms. Sure enough, little "K' had sprung a leak and decided to "shower" me with a bath of his own. While it was a bit alarming at first, you know what I learned?...the bath water I had prepared perfectly matched the temperature of fountain flowing out of Kaelan! So there you have it. If you want the perfect temperature for a bath, let your child pee all over you first so you can compare the temperature with the bath water. If they match, you know the bath water temperature is just right. Or, if you prefer, you can simply dip your elbow in the water...
2 comments:
Travis, are you planing on keeping thest stories for kaelan?So when he gets older he can see what a funny dad he has?
I can't believe that I am just now noticing that you have a new post...somehow my blog list wasn't updating you! Anyhow, cute story about the bath! I find that my kids always liked it a little warmer than the "temperature duck" suggested.;) I like your idea about the elbow/urine test though.:) I might have to try that!
He looks just like you Travis!!:)
How's he doing at night? That the REAL question. My girl Jess needs her beauty sleep!!:)
Love, Aunt B
Post a Comment