Friday, February 27, 2009

Jetlag!

Kaelan and I made it to Boise after a bit of a delay. Our 16 hour direct flight from Singapore to LA left 1.5 hours late causing us to miss our flight from LA to BOI. That was unfortunate but Sing Air took care of us and put us up in a hotel for the night. Kaelan did excellent on the planes and even slept most of the night in LA. When we arrived in Boise we had a wonderful crowd there to greet us (unfortunately I did not get my camera out!) including Leroy, Barb, Aunt June, Grandpa Garber, my mom, Jeff and Nancy. From the airpoirt we went straight to Granmother's where K got to meet her and his cousins Nathanael and Eli. After that we ran a few errands before most of our family came over to our house for pizza (again I forgot the camera!). It was a busy day and Kaelan was a trooper but I know he loved meeting a lot his family. He slept great that night but last night was a little bit rough. Hopefully we can slowly get him, and me for that matter, adjusted asap!


Kaelan and his great grandmother and Mammie below


It was close to impossible to keep him awake. Poor guy!


Nathanael and Eli were able to walk to Grandmothers after school to join us on her bed for some cartoon time!

That night I got a call from Kelly. She spent about 10 minutes asking me how I was doing before she finally told me she was in the hospital because she just had her baby! Leave it to her to focus on me when she had all the big news! K and I visited the next day and Olivia is precious! Kelly has an amazing birth story and I have included some of her email below.
"Olivia Brynn
February 24, 2009
7:15 pm
7 lbs 0 oz
20 inches

She was born into this world rather quickly!! I got to the hospital around 6:40 or 6:45 pm and she was born at 7:15. I was 9 cm. when I got there. Got into the L&D room at 6:55 pm and the rest was history. My OB walked in, my water broke, I pushed with about 3-4 contractions and out she came.....ALL NATURAL!!! She is so precious and beautiful. Not sure where she got her light hair, but... She is doing great and I feel great too. Not having an epidural or pushing long makes it so easy. She is eating good and I don't think I have hardly heard her cry!!! She is going to the perfect child ( smile)!!

http://www.littleowensbiglife.blogspot.com/ check out their blog for pictures. She is a doll!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: