Sunday, February 15, 2009

Valentine's Day

Brenda and Kaelan
Travis and I had our first official night out last night! Brenda and Larry called and asked Travis earlier in the week if we wanted a night out. They decided to call him thinking he could surprise me by organizing an outing. In a panic he ended up telling me because he was worried a night away from K for me might be the worst Valentines gift he could ever give! Although it was very hard for me to leave him, we had a great time going to dinner and a movie. Since I knew K was in very capable hands, the worst part for me was worrying how he would behave. He can be naughty sometimes and I gave him a good talking to on the way over about how to treat his babysitters. All and all things turned out great and Brenda declared that taking care of Kaelan was the best gift she could have gotten this year! She is pretty bummed we are going to the US for so long but said she will be anxiously awaiting her next opportunity to sit for K again. We are so lucky to have such good friends and surrogate grandparents for Kaelan!

2 comments:

Adam and Natalie said...

Good job Travis on spilling the beans. It takes some mental prep the first time you leave the baby!

tjsing said...

Thanks Nat! I was WAY too scared to spring such a surprise on Jess for fear my well laid plans may backfire! =)