Sunday, April 15, 2012

Easter

We had a Easter celebration at our Mums and Tots play group. The kids made their little Easter basket, or cups in this case, and then got to hunt for eggs. So nice to have a little tradition from home.


So...can you see the word on Brandi's (the mom's) shirt? Look a little closer. See it? It says BOISE! She is wearing a Boise State shirt! Not sure I ever told you the coolest story about my first Mums and Tots event (actually my first event in the Netherlands!). It was summer so the group was meeting at a play ground and I was the first to arrive. Then a lady pulls in and gets her twin boys out of the car. I was looking at her wondering if she was part of the group or a Dutch lady bringing her kids to the park. Then I saw it! She was wearing a Boise State shirt that day too. The first international person I meet in the Netherlands is from Boise, Id! Can you believe it? Even better is that we both moved out of Tuscany (the same neighborhood) before we moved overseas. I learn everyday just how small this world is becoming! 

K filled his little cup with chocolate eggs! 


Some of the egg hunters!

Kaelan even brought some over for Coco too! 
Thanks Mille for the dress you gave her for our baby shower! It fit for Easter and the colors are perfect! 

Comparing (and eating) eggs!


What is this you may ask? Well...this is how I found him and all of his class mates when I picked him up from his last day of school before Easter. Can you tell what he is? Well, he's Dolly...the chicken! They had been reading a book in School about Dolly and all her adventures and so they were all painted up like her on the last day. They were adorable and he was so proud. He was very upset when some of it rubbed off when he ate lunch. Funny kid!

This is my Birthday, the day we left for Venice (some incredible pics to come!) and they day we had a little Easter hunt in our back yard. Unfortunately Coco was taking her morning nap and we needed to catch a plane so we couldn't wait for her but K was a great brother and found all her goodies too. He is holding up her new Wellies! They were the smallest pair I could find but still too big for her. They are so cute in miniature! 

K found a few eggs and some other fun things he was able to take on the trip with us! 

1 comment:

Camille, Blake, Pierce and baby Asher said...

oh man... can't believe how the kids are growing... and neat story about the Boise girl... love you.