Sunday, April 22, 2012

Our hotel- Venice

Travis and K in the small alleyway we got to walk down everyday. 
The taxi (water taxi!) drops you off as near as they can so we were on our own to find the hotel. We had to cross a bridge, ask for directions, go down a couple tiny alleyways and only by a miracle did we end up right in front of the door. They say maps are worthless in Venice and I now believe them (whoever "they"are!). The city is a labyrinth of small cobblestone alleyways with hidden courtyards and mysteries around every corner! Just as I dreamed all of Europe must be when I was a little girl!  

Our hotel is on the right

That's it! Impressive right? For what we paid I thought we would be staying at the ritz! In this poor, decrepit buildings defense, most everything had an old crumbly look. I guess being over 400 years old, and most likely on floats of some sort, meaning everything is shifting all the time, it is expected!  

Our courtyard with a well

This is our beautiful old world room! 
I LOVED IT!

K-man's sofa bed with Coco in the cot next to him.
Our hotel was more like a B&B. Breakfast was literally 2 steps outside our door and 4 other rooms opened up to the room as well. The hotel only had 14 rooms and they were all huge and very unique. 

No comments: