Sunday, April 6, 2008

Singapore Experience

Yes, for those of you who have been wondering, I have arrived in Singapore! This is Nancy writing. Jessica and Travis are showing me a GREAT time! I can totally understand why people love it here so much. In just the first few days we were so busy, we never took the time to sit down and update you on my visit. I have really enjoyed experiencing all the FOOD and culture. The first night I was here, they took me to Little India for dinner served on a banana leaf and eaten with the fingers. Then I really wanted a Henna tattoo, too, since I saw they had done that with Christi. The second night we had Chinese pepper crab at Travis' new favorite place for crab. It's out in the suburbs where apparently few "guilo" (sp?) dine. That's Chinese slang for white people, by the way. The last photo is me eating a Thai coconut and touching a durian, the king of all fruits! I read a book called The Rice Mother a couple years ago about a Malaysian family and one time the mother got mad at her daughter and threw the durian at her. Luckily she ducked and the durian stuck in the wall instead of her head! They're very hard and spiky on the outside, and very stinky and gross to eat!!! Jessica made sure I tasted some durian ice cream for the full experience.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: